West Lothian College Graduation 2023
Attendance, Robing and Guest Tickets
All students eligible to attend the graduation are required to register their intention to attend.
To register, you should hire your gown no later than Wednesday 4 October by logging onto www.marstonevents.com/WLC You should reserve up to two guest tickets (£2.50 each), and any photography packages online through Marston Events before the close of registration on the above date.
- All students should hire a gown at a cost of £35.00 to graduate. Please select your completed course from the drop–down menu. You can collect your robe on the day of graduation from Building No.4.
- As seating in the venue is limited, we are only able to offer a maximum of two guest tickets at a cost of £2.50 per ticket. These two guaranteed tickets should be reserved through Marston Events no later than Wednesday 4 October.
- Please note if you are bringing children to the ceremony they must be allocated one of your guest tickets for health and safety reasons. If you have a child between the ages of 4 and 12 we will have a creche/play facility on campus for them to attend. Places are limited to 20. The creche/play facility will be open 30 minutes before the graduation ceremony. Children should be collected 30 minutes after the graduation ceremony finishes.
- All guest tickets will be emailed following registration; the email will be sent from Marston Events, not the college. It is important that you pass these tickets onto your guests. These can be printed or displayed on a mobile phone.
- If limited additional guest tickets become available, our Admin team will advise all students of this who have registered to attend. Tickets will then be allocated on a first come first served basis. Please note that we can only allocate additional guest tickets if there is capacity.
You will receive a confirmation email from Marston Events once your order has been processed. Please accept this email as confirmation that you have successfully registered, on the condition that you have paid for the hire of a gown. You must bring a copy of your confirmation email with you or have access to it on your mobile on the day of the graduation as you will be asked to provide it by the robing/photography team from Marston Events.
If you need help with registering or clarification on any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the will contact you. Alternatively, telephone 01506 427758.
If for any reason you are unable to attend the graduation, you will be refunded the full amount for your robe hire up until 27 October. If you cancel on the day or ask for a refund after 28 October, Marston Events will apply a £10 administration fee. Guest tickets are non-refundable.
Graduation Ceremony – Saturday 28 October 2023
Arriving at the College
You should arrive at the college between 8.30 am and 10.00 am and be seated by 10.30 am as the ceremony will start punctually. You must be seated at least 20 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony otherwise it will not be possible for your award to be presented.
When you arrive at the college you should first report to the registration desks located in the Terrace Restaurant in Building No.5. Please check the boards as you enter Building No.5 as the lists displayed will confirm which registration desk you should report to.
You will then be given a blue seating card, which you must keep as it is used by the ushers to direct you on to the stage.
If you are a Special Award winner you will also be given a green card.
If you are the first person in your course of study you will be given a yellow card with the name of the course on it.
Please do not fold these cards or leave them under your seat, as you are need to take them with you onto the stage.
If you receive more than one card, it is important that you keep them in the order that they were given. Please note the instructions on the reverse of the cards.
You will access the hall via the back doors at Building No.1, this is for health and safety reasons, ushers will be in place to direct you.
On the day of the graduation following the ceremony, gowns should be returned by 1.30 pm to Marston Events who will be based in Building No.4.
All graduating students are required to wear a gown. The ceremony is a formal event and the dress code is smart day wear or national dress (eg kilt, sari). Please do not wear jeans or trainers.
Ceremony - Presentation of Awards
The arrangements for you for the graduation ceremony are:
8.30–10.00am- Arrive for registration, robing and photographs at Building 4
10.30am-Graduating students seated in the main hall
10.45am- Platform party process into the hall
11.00am- Ceremony and presentations
12.30pm- Close of ceremony
- Graduates will be taken out one at a time to stand at the side of the aisle; follow the person on your right and carry your seat card with you. An usher will let each row know when it is time to move on to the stage.
- Remain in the order in which you were seated and proceed up the stairs onto the stage when directed by the usher.
- Your seat card will be taken from you and passed to the Director for your area.
- Wait for your name to be called and then walk across the stage, the Principal will present you with your scroll.
- If you are the first student of your course of study, the title of the course will be read out prior to your name.
- Continue down the stairs where an usher will direct you to your seats.
- Presentation of Special Awards.
End of Ceremony
- Platform party will lead procession out of the hall
- Graduating students will process out of the hall a row at a time. An usher will direct you when it is time to leave. You will then be piped out and around the college square to your guests.
- Make sure that you have all your belongings with you – do not leave anything under or on your seat.
Please email email@example.com if you will require any special assistance, such as wheelchair access, and a member of staff will contact you.
There will be prosecco and orange juice available after the ceremony for graduates and their guests.
The college has appointed Marston Events as official photographers for the ceremony. Photography can be ordered online at www.marstonevents.com/WLC
It is advisable to order your photographs in advance, as the queues for this service can be quite long. The photography area is located in Building 4 on the Square.
Marston Events will also take a photograph of you receiving your award on the stage. These will be available for purchase after the ceremony at a cost of £10.
Arrangements for Car Parking
There is ample car parking at the college. Car parks are located right around the campus and guests are asked to make sure they park only in designated parking bays. There are also several disabled parking bays at the various car parks.
Smoking / Vaping
No smoking (including e-cigarettes) is allowed in any of the buildings or in our outdoor spaces. Smoking/vaping shelters are located at either end of the campus.