Are you or your young person due to receive SQA exam results on the 10th August?
West Lothian College could be the best option for you!
We know exam results are a daunting time for any young person, but we also know that regardless of the outcome, there are always options available at West Lothian College.
Why should you or your young person consider studying at West Lothian College?
- Students can come to college and still graduate with a degree in the same time as going to university (3 or 4 years)
- Over 20 of our courses offer a direct route to 2nd or 3rd year of a Degree at university
- All our full-time courses offer a work placement opportunity so you get real life work experience
- Our class sizes are usually between 18 and 20 so every student gets the support they need
- Our lecturers have industry experience and knowledge, which they pass on to students
- 97% of our students gain employment or further study after finishing their course with us
- You don't have to spend money moving out or travelling in to the cities - think of the time you'll save on the commute!
- Our school courses offer a direct route to further study and give students experience of learning in a college environment
Whether you do better than expected or don't do as well as you hoped, now is the time to consider West Lothian College.
With many full-time course offering work placement opportunities and each class having between 18 and 20 students, a full-time course will provide you with the support to help you progress in your career.
If you are thinking that university is no longer for you, or have reconsidered your employment options due to current circumstances, we are here to support you and get you where you want to be in your career.
Find a course to suit you here:
A school course is a perfect option for those in 4th, 5th or 6th year at school. The courses are studied alongside your school subjects and are usually on the college campus on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, with some classes taking place on a Friday afternoon.
These courses give students the chance to learn a subject that might not be taught at school, whilst introducing students to the college environment prior to leaving school. All courses also offer a direct route to further college or university courses and help students gain an insight into specific subjects prior to committing to full-time study in that subject after leaving school.
Stand out from the crowd when starting your career by applying for a schools course at West Lothian College.
Find a schools course to suit you here
Foundation Apprenticeships help students stand out from the crowd in their career, they combine work placements with classroom learning, all while still at school.
Foundation Apprenticeships are schools subjects that are chosen alongside students school subjects in 4th, 5th or 6th year. The courses allow students to gain experience in subjects not available at school, to gain industry experience with local employers, achieve a qualification equivalent to a Higher and start their career by standing out from the crowd.
Find out more about Foundation Apprenticeships and apply for a course:
Didn't do as well as you hoped in your exams? Or perhaps want to gain further National or Higher qualifications? We offer a range of National, Higher and HN level courses part-time, which will allow flexibility for students who want to gain full or part-time employment alongside gaining further qualifications.
Find a part-time course to suit you here:
Our staff are working throughout the summer, with a team on hand to help students and applicants make the right choice for them.
After you receive your results!
We have a team available on the 10th, 11th and 12th August from 9am until 4pm each day to help you out.
A phone number will be posted on the 9th August that will be available for anyone with questions, wanting to find out more information or speak to staff about their options.
Check our website and social media channels from the 9th of August for our clearing hotline number!