Coronavirus (Covid-19) FAQs
We understand that many applicants, students, parents/carers and staff have concerns around Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the impact on studies.
We have put together some of our most frequently asked questions and their answers. If you have any questions that aren't answered below, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will the college reopen?
We are reviewing the situation on a daily basis and will update you when we can.
- What will happen with my college studies?
Arrangements for your course will be advised by your lecturer and, where appropriate, teaching materials will be made available on Moodle.
- Will my bursary or childcare payments be affected?
No, all scheduled payments will continue automatically.
- What do I do if I need student support while the college is closed to students?
There will be core staff within the college until Friday 20 March, alternatively you can email SupportLearning@west-lothian.ac.uk
- Who do I contact if I am having problems accessing course content from home?
Contact your course lecturer in the first instance. They can be contacted by email, or contact email@example.com and we can direct your enquiry.
- Who do I contact if I need help with my course while studying from home?
We appreciate that it may be difficult for some students to study at home and staff will be available online to support you. Contact your lecturer in the first instance and they will offer support or direct you to the correct department. They will be contactable by email.
- What will happen with assessments and exams?
Any exams or assessments scheduled in the coming weeks will either not go ahead or will be adapted. Continuous discussions are taking place at a national level with awarding bodies like the SQA. We will communicate any decisions reached when we can.
- What will happen with my work placement?
All work placements have been cancelled until further notice. These will be rescheduled for a later date if possible, or alternative arrangements will be made.
- I am scheduled to go abroad with the college, are all these trips cancelled?
The college has cancelled all international trips.
- Can I still apply for courses while the college is closed?
Applications remain open during this time. View our courses by clicking 'Courses' at the top of our homepage.
- I have applied for a course, are interviews still going ahead?
Face-to-face interviews will not be going ahead while the college is closed. If selected for interview, you will be contacted with alternative arrangements.