2022 Covid-19 update
Updated 10/01/22, 4:00pm
All classes will be taught online until Friday 14th January. Your lecturer will have been in contact if your class starts back week beginning Monday 17th January.
All staff and students are advised to carry out a LFT (Lateral Flow Test) before coming onto campus and to continue testing weekly in line with government guidance.
Please complete the consent form to participate in this programme. Kits cannot be issued without this being completed.
Testing kits for staff are available from the Information Point and students can obtain from their faculties and Student Funds.
Please register your results via link Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) where you will receive confirmation and start the test and protect process. You will need proof of a lateral flow positive test if applying for any funding through the college.
CHANGES TO SELF ISOLATION
- The initial advice for staff and students who test positive will still be to self-isolate for 10 days – however, you may now be able to end self-isolation after 7 days as long as you do not have a fever and record two negative lateral flow tests. One should be no earlier than day 6 and another at least 24 hours later.
- Close contacts of positive cases (including household cases) who are either under the age of 18 years and four months, or who are older and fully vaccinated (three doses or two doses and booster) are no longer required to automatically self-isolate. Instead, they will be asked to take a lateral flow test every day for seven days. Isolation will not be required unless they test positive on an LFT and/or develop a fever.
- Close contacts over the age of 18 years and four months who are not fully vaccinated will still be asked to self-isolate for ten days and take a PCR test.
- Those with no symptoms who return a positive LFT test will no longer be required to take a PCR test. They should however record their result and self-isolate in line with the guidance.
- It is important to note that anyone who tests positive for COVID on either an LFT or PCR test should self-isolate immediately in line with NHS Guidance.
You can find more information on self-isolation guidance on the NHS website here.
REPORTING A POSITIVE CASE
Students should report a positive lateral flow result or PCR to their lecturer and Student Funds and complete the online Covid reporting form - https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=iUucjAwWfkydNqutbxsdZ23tuNELVvdPj16n1iSyme1UMUdOQlZKSENDTFNEQVpOTEtBTjhTRjY4TS4u
Proof of the positive result will be required.
Staff should continue to notify their line manager and copy in the Covid reports as well as HR and People Development inbox. Staff will also be required to provide an isolation note available on the NHS website.
HEALTH & WELLBEING MEASURES
Measures to reduce COVID are still in place on campus to safeguard everyone's health. These include:
- Use of face coverings in communal areas
- Use of face coverings in classrooms, learning centre and information point
- Enhanced cleaning
- Enhanced hand and respiratory hygiene
- Hand gel stations
- One metre physical distancing
- Ventilation - windows and doors to be kept open
- CO2 monitors in classrooms and work areas
- Line marking in areas where they are queues e.g. Campus Café
Learn more about keeping safe on campus via a new short course.
Face coverings are mandatory within all areas of our campus. You must wear a face covering when entering the building and while moving around the campus. They must also be worn in classrooms and in the Learning Centre. This applies to every student, staff member and visitor, except where an exemption applies.
Face coverings can be removed whilst seated in the Campus café.
TEST AND PROTECT
You do not need to sign in when you arrive in college. Your lecturer will complete a register confirming your attendance. This is what we will use to determine which students are in at any one time. Should there be an outbreak of Covid then we can pass the relevant information on to Public Health.
Please check in when sitting in the campus café using the QR code at the entrance or on tables.
ON CAMPUS VISITORS
We are limiting visitors on campus to those who are providing essential services. Visitors should only attend if you have a pre-arranged appointment. On your arrival please, if you are able to, wear a face covering. Please make your way to the Information Point where your details will be noted on our visitors sheet for the purposes of an emergency evacuation, but also test and protect.