This course will offer successful applicants a post as a Healthcare Support Worker within NHS Lothian.
Applicants please note that you are applying for a job within NHS Lothian and should prepare for a job interview. This will include the completion of your application form and it would benefit your application to state why you are applying for this course. Applicants should also pass all pre employment checks, such as satisfactory PVG with Disclosure Scotland and an Occupation Health report.
This course will cover the following:
- Communication - confidentiality, communication skills and clear written communication skills
- Professionalism within this role
- Care Values
- Roles and responsibilities of a Healthcare Support Worker
- Medical Terminology
- Employability and self-awareness skills
- Roles of staff within the NHS Health and Safety and Risk Assessment
- Reflective Practice
- Resilience and Mental Health
- Basic Life Support
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Information Governance
- Management of Aggression
- Public Protection
- Manual Handling
If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, your benefit will remain in place until you start your job.