PDA ADVANCED CRAFT CARPENTRY & JOINERY Level 7
This course is for those who are already working as an Apprentice Joiner and wish to build on their skills and enhance their employment opportunities.
Classes are held in both fully equipped workshops and classrooms.
Start date – Aug 2024
End date – Jun 2025
SCQF Level - 7
Mode – Part time
Times: 9am - 6pm
Duration: 1 year
The aims of the Professional Development Award are to develop the advanced knowledge, understanding and skills of candidates working in the construction craft industry. An example of some of the units are:
- Constructional technical communication skills
- Complex timber stair construction
- Complex pitched roof construction
- Specialist doors
- New and sustainable building technologies
- Site measuring and setting out procedures