While undertaking this course you will learn and develop various skills in the following:
· Facial skin care – you will learn about the skin structure, how to identify skin types and how to perform facial cleansing routines whilst selecting appropriate products
· Nail treatments – you will learn about the nail structure, how to perform all aspects of manicure treatments including application of both colour & French polish application. You will also cover nail art techniques such as daisy dot, striping, marbling and applying embellishments.
· Make-up – you will be taught various make-up techniques whilst creating a variety of current looks such as day, bridal & contemporary evening looks
· Throughout the course you will learn and adhere to health and safety in the salon when performing treatments
· You will develop IT skills, use Microsoft Teams & Moodle when accessing learning resources.
· Waxing techniques – you will learn how to apply and remove warm strip wax on the eyebrow, underarm, bikini and half leg.
· Massage techniques – you will learn how to carry out a back, neck and shoulder massage. How to perform the techniques used in industry and the Anatomy of the body.