Further Study - Degree Courses
Successful completion of the HNC will allow students to apply for Year 1, or Year 2 entry, (depending on quality of portfolio), to construction courses at:
Edinburgh Napier University
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
University Of Strathclyde
- BSc Architectural Studies
Heriot Watt University
University Of Dundee
- MArch (Hons) Architecture
Universities of Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow.
Further Study - HND Courses
Continue studying your chosen field to HND level, at another institution.
The construction industry is a dynamic, interesting sector with many different, well paid, job roles. Every project differs from the previous one. Communication is key. Knowledge is essential.
An HNC is a recognised qualification which can help you:
- start your career, as a trainee in a technical role
- Leave the tools behind and upgrade to a supervisory role
- advance your career, to a technical role in one of the following fields:
- Architectural technician
- Architect (Chartered)
- Architectural assistant
- Building Information (BIM) coordinator
- Design coordinator/manager
- Urban designer
- Landscape architect