Modern Apprenticeships help employers to develop their workforce by training new staff, and upskilling existing employees. Modern Apprenticeships enable your employee an opportunity to earn a wage whilst gaining an industry-recognised qualification.
Who is eligible to be a Modern Apprentice?
MA’s are designed for those aged 16–24 or up to age 29 if they meet additional criteria.The MA must be employed by your organisation and working a minimum of 16 hours.
What are the benefits of employing a Modern Apprentice?
- The training element is free of charge to the employer as this is fully funded by Skills Development Scotland
- We will provide you with flexible, tailored training to meet your business needs
- Apprenticeships also help attract fresh talent and develop the workforce of the future
- Existing employees that meet the eligibility requirements can undertake a Modern Apprenticeship.
What Modern Apprenticeships can West Lothian College offer?
We offer Modern Apprenticeships within the following areas.
- Social Services Children and Young People
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Social Services and Healthcare
Other areas may be available upon request.
What support is available to recruit your apprentice?
We can guide you on how to advertise your apprenticeship and can promote your vacancy through our own job portals, social media platforms and through partner websites.
Interested and want to hear more?
Then please contact the Workforce Development department at email@example.com or by calling 01506 427538