Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF)
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) is available for training to up-skill and re-skill your existing workforce.
By accessing the FWDF, employers in Scotland:
- Have the flexibility to choose the training that best meets their needs*.
- Can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps; increase productivity and/or support economic recovery.
- Can access tailored training in high-quality learning environments.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high-quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
- Can use the Fund to completely cover training or to partially cover training at a higher cost.
- SMEs (any business with less than 250 employees) can access up to £5,000.
- Levy** payers can access up to £15,000.
All training will be certificated and achieve a recognised return on investment.
But don't just take our word for it...
*Please note that legislative qualifications or training are ineligible through this fund.
** A levy-paying business is a business with a £3m wage bill and they will automatically pay the Apprenticeship Levy Tax. A levy-paying business can choose to donate their fund to their supply chain and so if an SME business is working with a levy-payer we can also support this request with both parties’ permission.
Click the link to browse our 2022/23 training courses.
To find out more about the training programmes we have to offer and see how the fund can benefit your employees and the development of your workforce email fwdfMail@west-lothian.ac.uk.